Restoring Access To Hallowed Grounds
Secretary Bernhardt and Western Pennsylvania National Parks Superintendent Stephen Clark opened the gates at the Flight 93 Memorial National Park. It was one of the five Western Pennsylvania park units that restored access to the public on Friday. The Secretary inspected the Tower of Voices, where he assessed progress on a project to update the chimes and joined NPS staff in cleaning the Wall of Names.
Supporting Outdoor Recreation
The Department supports a total of 452,000 jobs and $58.1 billion in economic output for recreation activities across 500 million acres of public lands. Safely restoring access to public lands is critical to fueling the country’s economic growth in gateway communities and supporting small businesses throughout the country. During his visit to Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Secretary Bernhardt, U.S. Representative Dave Joyce (OH-14), and the Cleveland Area Mountain Biking Association reopened the park’s East Rim Mountain Bike Trail System.
National Parks and Public Lands Across the Country Welcoming Visitors
The health and safety of visitors, volunteers, partners, and federal employees continues to be paramount as the Department restores public access to public lands again. President Trump recognizes the magnificence and grandeur of our National Park System and public lands and the incredible benefits of the great outdoors. Access to public lands continues to be evaluated in accordance with federal, state, and local public health guidance with some notable locations beginning to welcome visitors back this week:
- May 9
- Lake Berryessa, California
- Lake New Melones, California
- May 11
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Georgia
- May 13
- Zion National Park, Utah
- Dinosaur National Monument, Colorado and Utah
- Little Sahara Recreation Area, Utah
- May 14
- Hovenweep National Monument, Utah
- Natural Bridges National Monument, Utah
- May 15
- Buffalo National River, Arkansas
- Curecanti National Recreation Area, Colorado
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado
- Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Georgia and Tennessee
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
- The Parks of Western Pennsylvania, including, Allegheny Portage National Historic Site, Johnstown Flood National Memorial, Fort Necessity National Battlefield, and Flight 93 National Memorial, Pennsylvania
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
You may also like
The role corn plays for gamebirds and economies ac...
Sportsmen’s conservation policy issues from publ...