Recipe by Chef Cory Bahr from the article “Fare Game,” featured in the December-January 2021 issue.
- Two 2- to 3-pound scale-on redfish fillet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup herbs (mint, tarragon, dill, parsley, chervil, chive)
- 3 lemons for charring
- Green Tomato Salsa Verde, recipe following
Green Tomato Salsa Verde
- 1 green tomato, thinly diced
- ¼ cup tarragon, chopped
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 clove garlic, grated
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon Kosher salt
1. Rinse the fish thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Evenly distribute the olive oil, Kosher Salt, and herbs on flesh side of fish.
3. Using a paper towel, brush the fish and grill grate with a thin coat of cooking oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
4. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Place fish skin-side down on grill and lower until the fish is 8 to10 inches above the fire. Cover with heat dome and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Gently flip the fish and continue to cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Cut 3 lemons in half and grill cut side down for 2 to 3 min or until lightly charred. This will add an acidic flavor to the fish.
8. Combine all salsa verde ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Top the fish with generous amounts of the sauce, lemon juice, and serve!
You may also like
Recipe by Stacy Lyn Harris. Recipe featured in th...