Recipe by Chef Cory Bahr from the article “Fare Game,” featured in the December-January 2021 issue.
(Serves 2 to 4)
- 4 semi-boneless quail
- 1 pound uncashed boudin
- Olive oil, for grilling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spicy Honey, recipe following
- Kilt Greens, recipe following
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens (petit kale, mustard greens, chard)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat. Fill the cavity of the quail with the uncashed boudin, and season with salt and pepper. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Brush with oil to aid in browning.
Place all ingredients into a non-reactive saucepan and heat on medium high. Reduce by ¼. Reserve warm.
Heat oil in large skillet. Once shimmering add garlic and shallots, and cook for 30 seconds. Add greens and stir to combine. Once they begin to wilt, add vinegar and salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Arrange greens on plates, top with quail, and a generous amount of honey!
You may also like
Recipe by Stacy Lyn Harris. Recipe featured in th...