- 12 quail breast halves
- 6 slices of applewood-smoked bacon, sliced into halves
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Wild Cheff Cinnamon Chile Blend
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Wild Cheff Jalapeño Flakes
- ½ poblano pepper, seeded and veined, then thinly sliced
- Corn Succotash (recipe following)
For the Corn Succotash
- 3 ears of sweet corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 small zucchini, cubed small
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Wild Cheff Lemon Lover’s Blend
- 1 teaspoon Wild Cheff Cajun Blend
- 1 teaspoon Wild Cheff Herb Lover’s Blend
- Sea salt, to taste
1. To prepare the succotash, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and butter. Add veggies to the pan and begin to sauté. Season the veggies with the Wild Cheff spices and herbs and add sea salt to taste.
2. Stir veggies while cooking until they are al dente. You want them beyond the raw stage, but still slightly crisp. Put aside.
3. Place the breasts one at a time into a Ziploc bag. Using a meat mallet, gently tap the breasts to tenderize the meat and help it cook more evenly. Once they have been pounded into mini cutlets, place them into a medium-size mixing bowl. Pour Wild Cheff Blood Orange Olive Oil to coat the breasts, and season them with the Wild Cheff Cinnamon Chile Blend.
4. Place the goat cheese into a mixing bowl with the maple syrup and the Wild Cheff Jalapeño Flakes, and using a spatula, stir everything together until well blended.
5. Lay the bacon slices out on a cutting board. Place one seasoned quail breast on each half-slice of bacon. With a small spoon, place a dollop of the goat cheese mixture on the center of each breast, then place a poblano slice on top. Working one at a time, fold each breast over the cheese stuffing, then wrap with a piece of bacon, securing this with a toothpick.
6. In a preheated cast iron pan, add the bacon-wrapped breasts and cook, while turning, until the bacon is cooked and browned.
Place the stuffed quail on a platter over the corn succotash.
You may also like
Recipe by Mac & Wild. Other recipes featured in t...
These moments brought out my love of people and ta...